Sunday 23 December 2007

What DSLR should I buy?

Many folks will tell you this is a complicated question that depends on your intended usage, personal preferences etc. Being a simple guy, I'm going to tell you to buy a Canon DSLR. Unless you're some kind of pro (in which case you should have better things to do with your time than read this site), I'd recommend the Canon Rebel XTi. It's a 10 megapixel camera that will serve most amateur enthusiasts well for years to come.

Some folks like Nikons or Sonys or other brands. I don't. I'm simple and I like Canon.

I have the older 8 megapixel model, the Rebel XT. I'm in no hurry to upgrade as it works like a champ and I'm not thrilled at the prospect of having to store and edit even bigger image files.

By the way, I try to focus on concepts in this blog so much of what I talk about should be applicable to any DSLR. However, you might have to, as they say, "read the {explative deleted} manual".

No comments: